Hello designer! This in-depth tutorial is minimally edited so you can follow along with my entire workflow for a 3 page magazine spread with a full page ad. This includes goofs we are bound to hit along the way because not everything works the way you expect when you are designing!
Enjoy bonus nuggets of info as I make decisions on color, layout and complimentary design elements.
YOU'LL LEARN HOW TO DESIGN A MAGAZINE SPREAD AND:
- How to setup a 3 page magazine spread with an additional full page ad
- How to make decisions based on the images available
- How to flow text from one page to another
- How to size an image across spreads
- How to pick up color inspiration from your images
- How to setup a simple magazine footer on a master page
- How to format a two-column text box
- How to style a block-quote
- How to design a full page ad on the fly
- How to creatively crop and place images
- How to create a gradient fade on light images to place text on top
Looking for more magazine layout tips? Dive into these in-depth tutorials.
— Magazine Feature Article Layout in InDesign
— Understanding Magazine Signature & Page Count
— Magazine Article Text Tips